Address: Kanavakatu 12, 00160 Helsinki
Wheelchair lift is located at the eastern end of the building, address: Katajanokanlaituri 11 B, 00160 Helsinki
09 6220 3027 Riitta Haapiainen, Cinema Manager
09 6220 3015 Tomi Sonck, Technician
Trams from the city center: 4, 4H ja 5
- leave the tram on the Kauppiaskatu stop (on Kruunuvuorenkatu)
- continue 120 meters east on Kruunuvuorenkatu
- turn right on Pikku satamakatu
- continue for 100 meters on Pikku satamakatu, across Kanavakatu
- turn left on Katajanokan laituri
- there are seven steps at the western end of the building to the main entrance
- in case you need the wheelchair lift, continue about 50 meters on Katajanokanlaituri until you reach Katajanokanlaituri 11 B
You can reach the wheelchair lift by car, at Katajanokanlaituri 11 B.
There are paid parking spaces at the eastern end of the building, between Kanavakatu and Katajanokanlaituri.
The Finnish Film Foundation has eight parking spaces at the western end of the building. These spaces are usually available in the evenings and on weekends, but during daytime they are most probably in use. You must always contact our staff should you wish to use these parking spaces.
The parking spaces are not completely accessible. You should also take into consideration that parking in Katajanokka is often in great demand.
The Wheelchair Lift:
The wheelchair lift is located at the eastern end of the building, at Katajanokanlaituri 11 B. The main entrance is about 30 meters from the lift. The decked loading dock which leads from the lift to the entrance is 180 cm wide and has a railing.
The wheelchair lift is locked. Our staff will assist with the lift. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 09 6220 3027 (Riitta Haapiainen).
There is a 10-centimeter high threshold at the main entrance. The heavy doors do not open automatically. Our staff will help by the entrance.
With a Wheelchair Inside the Cinema:
There are two places for wheelchairs inside the cinema. They are at the last row, close to the entrance. It is easy to reach the places and the view to the screen is excellent.
In some cases, a few lightweight wheelchairs can be placed behind the last row.
The lobby has an accessible toilet. It does not, however, completely follow the guidelines:
- the door is 80 cm wide
- there is a handle only on the right side of the toilet seat, and the handle is 70 cm from the wall
There is a built-in induction loop inside the cinema.
Assistants and Service Dogs:
Personal assistant may come to the screenings free of charge. Service dogs are warmly welcome!
Further information about the accessibility of Kino K-13:
Tel. 09 6220 3027